The Perl Oasis Workshop will be held in Orlando, on January 15th 2011.
We will have two tracks, and we expect under a hundred (100) participants. We will also try to arrange a hackaton on the Sunday after the conference.
This workshop’s topic is “Perl, Go–Karts, and Beer”. We’re interested in hearing about your talks on these topics:
- Perl Success Stories
- Modern use of Perl
- Good testing practices using Perl
- Your Favourite Topic? (systems administration / life sciences / web development)
We accept these presentation types:
- Short Talks (20 minutes)
- Standard Talks (40 minutes)
To submit a proposal for a talk/presentation, please register your proposed title and an abstract on /opw2012/newtalk.
Submissions are due midnight (23:59 CET) on December 17th 2010. Submitters will be notified within two weeks whether or not their talks have been accepted. If your proposal is accepted, you will be expected to confirm within 48 hours that you in fact will give the talk; otherwise, your slot may be given to someone else.
If you have something which does not fit the formats listed please feel free to contact us anyway and we will evaluate it.
Please include the following with your abstract(s):
- A little information about yourself (and possibly an link to an image of your choosing - preferably of yourself).
- The expected minimum level of knowledge of your target audience (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- An indication of the length of the presentation.
- A listing of any requirements you might have for doing your presentation. We will try to accommodate your request. Projectors and internet connection will be available for all talks.
If possible, please include a link to your slides/paper ready for online publishing. The files are also accepted just after talk ends, so we can include any last minute modifications.
We may take the liberty of filming presentations. If you are not interested in being filmed during your presentation, please let us know in advance.
We cannot offer much for your lecture, except:
- Free admittance
- A chance to meet a lot of Perl people
If you have any special requests which have to do with fee and payment please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you; we hope you will participate either as a speaker or as an attendee.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us email@example.com.